Heat Your Home Safely
- Keep a glass or metal screen in front of the fireplace to prevent embers or sparks from jumping out.
- Do not burn paper in your fireplace.
- Put the fire out before you go to sleep or leave your home.
- Put ashes in a metal container with a lid, outside, at least 3 feet from your home.
- Maintain heating equipment and chimneys by having them cleaned and inspected each year by a professional.
- Make Sure to Follow These Important Tips Before You Plug In
Four Home Heating Tips to Live By
1. KEEP ANYTHING THAT CAN BURN at least three feet away from a heating source.
2. HAVE YOUR HEATING SYSTEM inspected annually.
3. KEEP VENTS CLEAR of dust and debris.
4. INSTALL CARBON MONOXIDE (CO) alarms to avoid the risk of CO poisoning.